Friday, June 29, 2007

06/29/07 - Bloodcounts

Since the transfusion, I've been having my bloodcounts checked every Monday and Thursday. So, I've had them checked 6 times since I last posted an update. My red blood cells and my platelets continued to climb from the transfusion, but my white blood cells dropped, so I have been taking a daily antibiotic. I can't receive chemo unless my neutrophil count (a type of white blood cell) is at or above 1500, which was almost a problem the last two times I received chemo. This time, it dipped to 460 according to one of the samples.

I just got results from yesterday's bloodwork, and I'm happy to say that all of my levels jumped so I should still receive my chemo on July 10th. My neutrophils are up to 2117, my platelets are at 169, and my hemoglobin (what the Doctor uses instead of RBC's, prior to my transfusion my hemoglobin was 8.4) is at 11. That is, unless the lab tested someone else's blood yesterday... I had thought my chemo schedule would slide, but I think I was wrong again...

I should see my Doctor after I have my bloodcounts checked again and I have an MRI of my head on July 3rd. I'll have to update then.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

July 10th is an auspicious day for any activity, so I am confident that it will go well. 8-)

7/02/2007 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home