Thursday, May 10, 2007

05/10/07 - Oncology Appt

Surprisingly, yesterday's appointments had us home by 1:00PM. I skipped seeing my surgeon at the Oncologist's suggestion because he said we would have heard the same thing after waiting what amounted to a few more hours.

An MRI of my head was clear. I still don't know how they can see "everything," but I won't argue with good news. I am very happy that during Phase 2 of treatment, an MRI of my head is done every 8 weeks.

I'm going to have bloodwork done next Tuesday at my Primary Care Physician's (PCP's) office because it is closer. My counts from yesterday's visit weren't high enough to receive chemo. This happened the last time I received chemo as well. If my counts are good enough, we'll try to schedule my chemo next week. Hopefully, that will be the case so my schedule won't slide.

My Oncologist felt that the sore throat wouldn't be a problem. He also felt that my Peripheral Neuropathy was still bad enough (and it can cause permanent damage) that he still doesn't want to administer the Vincristine when I get my chemo. For me, this means 1 week of chemo instead of three.

So, there's mostly good news to report at this time. That's I'm going to post for now...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

HOW WONDERFUL to hear your latest update! The MRI results are awesome...and we all will continue to pray that it stays clear for you. The future treatments will bring great anxiousness to all of us in hearing ADDITIONAL good news. We know you are most pleased with these latest results.

Keep on the forward path of positive thinking, listening to your doctors, and of course your faith in becoming TOTALLY well again.

Keep us posted on anything additional.... continued prayers and strong faith to you and Laura.

Love, Bill & Mary Gregory

5/10/2007 11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

Glad everything is getting better for you! Keep it going!!

Melvin

5/15/2007 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home