Tuesday, June 05, 2007

06/05/07 - "Adult" Tricycles

I wanted to get something out since it has been more than a week since I last updated. I have been riding Pinky a lot, so much so that I'm considering getting an adult recumbent tricycle. I guess "adult" is supposed to make things better...

Anyhow, I've looked at three bike shops, plus I looked on the internet. A local bike shop (within two miles, and just off the "trail") has the best deal and is supposed to have a recumbent ready for me to test drive today. They also have a sportier model, but I don't need sporty right now. (You can click on bold words if you want to see a picture)

So, I might have a replacement for Pinky by the end of this week. I'll be sure to post a photo of it. For now, Pinky will suffice.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, go for the recumbant, but get the long front forks so you can cruise the Elbo Room with it
:)

6/06/2007 4:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,

I vote for the recumbant also! Looks sleek and fashionable!!! I can vision you now trekking down the trail!!! WOW...the envy of the viewers!

It's sooooo good to "hear" the great spirit in your messages! Keep us posted, especially with your treatments.

We send our love......

Bill & Mary Gregory

6/06/2007 9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mark & Laura,

So glad to learn that you are blogging again. Mary G. gave me the scoop in a recent email.

I'm very impressed that you are trying a recumbant. I did, and fell off. If you decide to stay with the Pinky type, adult three wheeler, we have one waiting for your Dad to fix up. Only this one will have to be called "Greenie" or in present state, "Rusty". Maybe next winter you can give Gene and I the grand tour of the trail near your home.

Will continue to watch for more good news. Love to you both --
Lu & Gene

6/07/2007 11:21 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Lu,

The recumbent does have three wheels, so I don't have to balance anything. Which is good because my sense of balance is poor. I fall off "regular" two-wheeled bicycles, :)

-Mark

6/13/2007 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home