Friday, June 29, 2007

06/29/07 - Other News

When my bloodcounts were low, I wasn't supposed to do much of anything. This was for multiple reasons, mainly my risks of not clotting (platelets) and getting a cold or infection (white blood cells) were significantly higher.

I did ride my recumbent tricycle a few times when my counts were up. I was warned not to ride my tricycle, but I feel the paved trail I usually ride it on is relatively safe.

I also was visited by my Aunt Mildred and Uncle Jim from Pittsburgh. They stayed at a nearby hotel June 19th through the 27th, so I feel their "germ" impact was substantially less. We did eat out a lot, but my counts were on the rise.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mark,

Wow!!!! You've been through the mill with that blood count situation! But all in all, it looks like things are back on track for you and your progress.... am fervently keeping my prayers in hot numbers for you during this recuperation!

Glad to hear that your Mom's sister and husband made it by to visit you...so pleased you were up to going out to eat, etc.

Know you're enjoying your new "recumbant" -- just be safe and don't do too much.

Thanks for the update....and thanks for keeping us posted on what's happening. Stay focused and faithful in your healing.

Love to you and Laura,
Mary and Bill

7/01/2007 8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news Timmay. Hey, the bright side is you'll almost be Dr. qualified by the time all of your procedures and healing is over!

7/02/2007 10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU EAT BEEF - COUNTS GO UP

7/13/2007 7:33 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Fred,

I tried that line of reasoning - my doctors don't agree.

Bill,

You or Scott must be behind that beef comment...

Mary and Bill,

Thanks all of your comments.

-Mark

7/23/2007 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home