Sunday, December 14, 2008

12/14/08 - MU - Ommaya X-Ray

Wow, I just made some duplicate copies of a CD-Rom with various imaging types (MRI, CT Scans, my flow study) and I found something interesting. I never looked at the CT ("cat") scan images, because they tend to be lower resolution than MRIs. Well, I was making some copies, and I decided to look at them. There appears to be an X-Ray taken soon after my Ommaya Reservoir surgery. I think I may have still been under anesthesia, because my memory of it is foggy. Here it is...


Ommaya X-Ray (click to enlarge)

It clearly shows the Ommaya catheter running into my brain. It also shows the staples used to close up my "wound." Yeah, the white blobs around my molars are fillings...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there bro! Merry Christmas.

12/15/2008 1:03 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Fred,

Thanks! Merry Christmas to you too, although yours is likely to be white...

-Mark

12/15/2008 6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that catheter runs quite deep!

Carson

12/15/2008 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

You think? http://forecast.weather.gov//MapClick.php?MapType=3&site=BOU&CiTemplate=1&map.x=134&map.y=131

Lemme know when you, Laura and t he monkeys need to get away....

12/16/2008 9:24 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Fred,

Saturday and Sunday - high near 17 degrees... Yeah that's cold. Hopefully, it'll warm up for your white Christmas...

-Mark

12/16/2008 11:25 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Carson,

Surprised me how straight it is for a catheter - maybe it's not your traditional tube?

-Mark

12/16/2008 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home