Monday, November 24, 2008

11/24/08 - Quick MU - Pre-Op Complete

Not much to update here. My pre-operative appointment actually consisted of three separate appointments, and they were finished a full hour before the third one was scheduled to start! Being done early - that never happens!

I had a CT Scan of my head, multiple blood tests (luckily from a single blood draw), and a bunch of questions about my medical history. The anesthesiology nurse that asked me the questions and rescheduled some tests that were "off" did an excellent job. I also met with my neurosurgeon's nurse, who I knew from before and also does a great job, but I didn't have many questions to ask her because the previous one did so well. It's not just medical expertise, they have to know how to work with the system they have - computers, protocol, people, etc...

So, my Ommaya Reservoir surgery will be tomorrow at 10:15AM. It should be a relatively short surgery, lasting about an hour. After it, I will be transferred to a recovery room for tomorrow night. I actually look forward to this and hope I can relax. I'll have more appointments on Wednesday including multiple MRIs, I should hopefully be home by dinner time.

Not that I don't have other things on my mind, but I may post sometime after surgery tomorrow...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you tomorrow during surgery. Looking forward to a good report.

11/24/2008 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

It's been some time since posting any notes, but wanted you to know that we've been keeping track of your postings constantly. Sorry for the lack of communication, but will try to change that.

You are definitely in our prayers on Tuesday/ Wednesday, but always remember you are included in our DAILY prayers always. May the surgeons have God's guiding hands through all that is to come with your healing.

Much love,

The Gregory Family

11/25/2008 9:47 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Scott,

Thanks!

-Mark

11/30/2008 9:01 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Mary,

Thanks! During this busy time for me, I am trying to post more often...

-Mark

11/30/2008 9:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mark,

You may not remember me but we went to PSU together. Bob Criste sent me the link to your blog and just wanted to pass on my best wishes!!

Go PSU!

Mark Oberdick

6/22/2009 2:37 PM  
Anonymous Ethan said...

Great reading tthis

5/26/2022 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home