Monday, November 24, 2008

11/24/08 - Penn State

I mentioned this in a post long ago - I'm a Penn State football fan. It's mine and Laura's (and my dad's, and her parents) alma mater. Laura and I (and sometimes my dad) go to watch the weekly football game with our alumni group at a local sports bar. We also help out the local alumni group and do other activities when we can.

Unfortunately, Penn State's regular football season ended last week. Fortunately, they did well, with an overall 11-1 record earning them the title of Big 10 Champs and a likely trip to the Rosebowl in January. If you follow college football, we were also contenders as the #1 team... My intentions not being completely pure, I needed a reason to post the photo below.


Penn State fleece, Karl, and some of his friends

Here we see Karl the cat sitting on a Penn State fleece blanket (thanks Rob) last Saturday. Laura and I saw a comic strip (Get Fuzzy) about a year ago that said something like,"Cats might rule the world, if they could resist a fleece blanket (and the extended nap to follow)." True in Karl's world. Beyond Karl, you can see some of what has become Laura's sock monkey collection. I can't say that I didn't have a hand in it to start, but that's all I'm going to say for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home