Sunday, November 23, 2008

11/23/08 - Radiation Ceiling

As one of my friends pointed out (thanks, Melvin), there is a picture of a beach scene on the Radiation room's ceiling. It is lit during treatment. I guess it soothes most patients by taking their minds off of their predicament for a while...


The above picture is eerily similar to the one on the radiation ceiling. Why eerie? It's of a mousepad I got back in 1993. You're probably asking yourself, "Why does he remember when he purchased a mousepad?" Hmmm...

Thought process. I purchased my first computer (PC) from my employer at the time, Sun TV (similar today's Best Buy), even though I graduated from Penn State in 1991 with a degree in Electrical Engineering. I started at Sun TV in November 1992 because the week between my job interview and job start, I drove to Florida with my friend, Big Ed. I quit at Sun TV in 1993 for a higher-paying job (ironically, my "summer job" during college). Finally, I was still living in Pittsburgh (I moved to Florida in 1995) and perhaps dreaming of Palm trees when I bought the mousepad... So, it must have been 1993, right?

If you've seen one tropical beach, you've seen 'em all. Maybe not quite, but that's how the saying goes...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

I see them! You just have to look real close

Mel

11/25/2008 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home