Thursday, October 16, 2008

10/16/08 - MU - Leg Numbess #2

I had mentioned before that my left leg was numb. Actually, I just looked back, and it has been 36 days since I last spoke about the numbness... Wow! My PCP thought it might be sciatica and prescribed a course of steroids. Well, they didn't improve anything.

At this point all other suspicions are out. The most likely cause IS the tumor. Indeed, the numbness has gotten worse in my left leg and spread to my right leg. This numbness may or may not decrease with my radiation and chemotherapy treatments.

The affects of leg numbness on me? Both of my feet and my hands (to a lesser extent) were already numb from a side effect of chemotherapy called Peripheral Neuropathy (PN). My sense of balance was also lacking because of my brain surgery two years ago. So I already did not walk that "great." With the numbness in both of my legs, on top of the PN, my walking has worsened. Kind of like walking on wooden stilts, or being like a pirate with two peg legs... I do well most of the time, but the stability just isn't there...

Hopefully, it will get better and not worse at this point.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

Hang in there bro. Once they shrink this hopefully it will eliminate the numbness.

Di says hello. We're thinking about you and Laura.

10/17/2008 8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opportunity knocks Mark.

Head out about 1230am and stroll down Alternate 19 with your pants hanging about mid-butt and your hat on sideways. Due to your instability, you'll profile drunk/high with an attitude. Now, when johnny-law rolls up all excited to beat you down, just throw a little attitude and take your beating. Laura and Big Monkey will be in Sting Operation mode and film the whole thing.

When it goes to court for police brutality, you'll have the jury eating out of your hands and tell em you'll "settle" for a couple mill.

Hey, it's the American way, right?!!

10/19/2008 5:02 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Rico & Di,

Thanks! Numbness... I can still likely launch a water balloon from the three-man slingshot... I might fall down, though. No, hopefully it will subside at some point.

-Mark

10/20/2008 7:54 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Fred,

Good plan... American way, sorry to say that the majority would likely agree with you... I'm surprised an officer hasn't accused me of that already. I obviously have to start hanging around in seedier places...

-Mark

10/20/2008 8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred,

This happens every Saturday night, how did you know? I've been trying to get the cops to detain him, but I think they're afraid.

Laura

10/21/2008 5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home