Thursday, October 16, 2008

10/16/08 - Quick MU - Treatments

I've gotten 9 of 22 radiation treatments. As I have said before, the treatments don't hurt, and they only take about 10 minutes once my name is called (i.e. not including the wait, which usually is not long anyhow).

I updated my blood count plot at the link to the right. My platelets are at 88,000 and the doctors wanted to see 100,000 before they did a spinal tap... Luckily, the need for that tap has been negated by the future implantation of my Ommaya Reservoir, which will likely be in late November or early December. For now, my blood counts are just being watched. Radiation is not expected to effect them (much), as the treatment is only effecting a small area of bone. If my whole spine were being irradiated (as initially intended) then my 'counts would be more affected as bone marrow creates the cells that make up my 'counts.

I still need to post detailed updates about several quick updates, but rest-assured they will happen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home