Sunday, November 16, 2008

11/16/08 - Quick Update

Oops! A month has passed since my last update! I wanted to generate some content (pictures and movies), and I didn't take those when I wanted to... Not that I haven't been doing other activities - the blog just took a backseat for a while.

My health is doing okay for right now (despite the tumor on my spinal cord). I finished my 22 radiation treatments last week. The main side effect was fatigue (tiredness). It did improve my leg numbness, which should continue to get better as the full radiation takes effect over the next few weeks. My next step will be having brain surgery on November 25th to implant an Ommaya Reservoir, followed by intrathecal chemotherapy for about eight months. I'm not sure how this style of chemotherapy might effect me since it's a different style that I received before.

More information about each of these treatments (and my health) will be posted here. Hindsight being 20/20, I'm now going to create posts about radiation treatment...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's great news regarding the numbness, Mark. That sounds like positive, tangible feedback that the radiation treatment is working. Hope things continue to improve.

Carson

11/17/2008 9:54 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Thanks, Carson.

-Mark

11/18/2008 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home