Monday, September 29, 2008

09/29/08 - Quick MU - Radiation Simulation

My actual Radiation Simulation occurred on Thursday, September 25th. During the appointment, I learned more specifics on the radiation portion of my treatment. My first treatment will be Monday, October 6th. I will receive treatments every business day (5 days/wk) for 4+ weeks. My Radiation Oncologist hasn't decided how long the treatments will be for, but the very minimum would be 4 weeks. With my permission, he is going to administer a dose that is larger than their usual guideline.

More details in a future follow-up post...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

Just caught up on your recent blogs. I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best of course. Stay strong bro, think of it as a challenge to overcome that will be the most fullfilling when that happens.

fred

9/29/2008 3:53 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Fred,

Thanks! Yes, I've been put through a meat grinder... Just as I was gradually recovering from my last dose of chemotherapy, it's all starting again... I'm in good spirits, though. 'Trying to get some things wrapped-up before I start radiation next Monday. Ho hum...

-Mark

9/29/2008 10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cecil and Basock battle may keep you entertained as well! Quite the zoo.....;)

9/30/2008 8:25 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Fred,

Yes. Zoo, yes. Zoo population - Laura would say me!

-Mark

9/30/2008 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home