Friday, January 15, 2010

01/14/10 - Avastin 2.6

Posted 1/15. My 6th dose of Avastin, again uneventful. This part of the post has become like a broken record (which is good - uneventful), but I'd like to post about each Avastin delivery, which will occur every 2 weeks while I'm on it.


Me immediately after Avastin 2.6 was delivered

In two weeks (1/26), I will receive another dose of Avastin, as I mentioned, but I will also have MRIs and meet with my doctors to see how my tumor has been reacting to Avastin, and if there is any spread of the disease (i.e. new tumors). Oh, my 7th dose of Avastin will depend on my doctor's update from the previous MRIs and a blood test given that morning.

My next visit will be a big one, seeing results of my on-going treatments. Hopefully, they will be good! I will likely be at Moffitt all day, but I am used to that by now, and it is not really a factor...

9 Comments:

Anonymous fred said...

Keep us posted Mark and we're sending good luck your way for great news!

1/17/2010 9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, it's always great to get good news, especially on your positive progress.

Continue to keep us posted, and know that our prayers are continual in your total health recovery.

Hope the new year is being good to you, Laura, and the sockmonkey crew.

Much love,
The Gregory Clan

1/18/2010 11:40 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Fred,

Thanks for the luck! Vegas or doctor? Vegas or doctor? Doctor wins. I never liked gambling, anyhow... I do like Vegas and it's outskirts (the desert, etc.), though...

-Mark

1/19/2010 8:29 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Mary,

My "Big" appointment is now just a week away... Think positive. Think positive. Think positive...

The new year has been good for us so far (better now that it's warming up).

Thanks,
Mark

1/19/2010 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

Yep, the warmth feels soooo good! Especially for those of us who get cold easily!!!

Without hesitation, I will be thinking positively, along with my fervent prayers for total/complete healing of your body! You're a great patient, both in knowledge AND patience...keep it going!

Never stop believing, Mark & Laura....your attitudes are the spirits of your lives!

God bless,
Mary

1/19/2010 12:32 PM  
Blogger Big Monkey said...

I'd like to think I have something to do with the good progress Mark has made.

1/19/2010 6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....I would never say Big Monkey is not a big part of Marks progress....I just thought that was a given!!!!

Big Monkey is the spearhead of the biggest support group ever.....just want to make sure I made myself clear on that fact.

sorry, Big Monkey...no insults intended! By the way, "Any cavities" at the dentist today?????

Mary

1/20/2010 12:32 AM  
Blogger Big Monkey said...

Thanks Mary! No offense taken whatsoever. You know I just like to be the center of attention. :)

I got a good report from the dentist yesterday. Good dental hygiene pays off.

1/20/2010 8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark -
We will be praying for good results next week!!!! Can't wait to find out!

Di & Rico

1/20/2010 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home