Tuesday, January 05, 2010

01/05/10 - Facebook Account

Hmmm... Not so sure about this Facebook thing. I've had many friends urge me to try it, but I'm afraid of spending too much time on it. I've already slacked on this blog in the past, I don't want something else to pull me away...

Well, I created the account yesterday and I already communicated with high school and college classmates and other friends I have. So, it hasn't been so bad yet. I'll just have to track how much time I spend on it!

By the way, if you want to "friend" me, I'm on Facebook as "Mark Suter," I don't know if I can supply a direct link to my "wall" yet or not... Hate to say it, but I'm a newbie to Facebook!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Mark....It really is great!!! I have connected with old friends of many, many years ago...plus Bill and I already had 3 couples over for dinner in early Dec... It was super!

BUT...you are right...it does consume a lot of your time, so you must pace yourself and give yourself an allotment of time. My first two weeks were horrendous and did not get much done. Thus, I tapered myself down and now sometimes I may even skip a day.

I VOTE you SHOULD join.

Enjoy, my friend!

Mary Gregory

1/05/2010 5:21 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Mary,

"I may even skip a day." That's not so good, but I do appreciate your encouragement! Think - Maintain self-control (that's for me :).

-Mark

1/05/2010 5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, Mark...THAT'S THE ENGINEER in you! Just like my brother. You guys are so methodical and strict with your time and schedules. I laugh all the time!

But, you will connect with some old, long time friends and it is enjoyable.

Love you,
Mary

1/06/2010 9:59 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Mary,

I guess it is the engineer in me, but I still need to vigilant about my time. Actually, this morning I got a very nice message from a high school classmate on FB, which wouldn't have been possible without my account. So, I do see potential "good" in it!

-Mark

1/07/2010 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, Mark....I told you that is the good aspect of Face Book. Now if you ask me all about those stupid activities as "Mafia" and "Farmville" (and many other ativities), that is a waste of time for me. but I don't take the fun away from others.

I truly enjoying connecting and commenting on many of the posts.....

See you on FB.

Love ya, kiddo

Mary Gregory

1/08/2010 11:18 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Mary,

Thanks!

-Mark

1/09/2010 6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home