Thursday, August 27, 2009

08/27/09 - Gibberish, Potential Medical Causes

Shortly after I put the initial Gibberish post on my blog, I also Emailed what happened to my Physician's Assistant. She is always very knowledgeable and provides an answer. She suggested that I may have experienced a seizure or a TIA. So much for being a trivial event...

From what I have read and what she has told me today, a seizure could coincide with a state of consciousness and its lasting effects (the post-ictal phase) could be when I was unable to talk right.

A TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack) is often a precursor to a stroke. Like a mini-stroke. My receiving radiation to my brain (twice) may have increased this risk.

Neither of those options are especially good, which leads me wonder what's next?

Oh yeah, if I experience similar symptoms again, I should go to the nearest Emergency Room...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home