Tuesday, July 21, 2009

07/14/09 - Radiation Series #3 Over

Posted 07/21/09. As I mentioned in the title, Radiation Series #3 ended about a week ago. In this context, I intend for "Radiation Series #3" to include the immediate 20 previous treatments given to me nearly every day in the past month. Series #3" to hopefully set this third series of radiation apart from the two other radiation treatment series I have had over the past three years...

Next Steps? Likely to include a new session of chemotherapy treatments to keep my disease from spreading, and hopefully kill it all together. In a couple of weeks, I have an appointment at Moffitt hospital ("H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center"-the proper name) to check MRI images of how the tumors reacted to the radiation. After that, I should meet with my Neuro-Oncologist there and determine what the best type of chemo drug, and dosage for me. For all intents and purposes, Laura and I should be free of medical appointments, although she does have a dentist's appointment this afternoon.

As for me, I still plan on submitting more details about radiation treatments,soon. I have a lot to talk about...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting report, Mark. Sounds like things are improving, which is what we've been praying for. Although, we know that you must stay on top of this with checkups and more checkups, along with any required treatments. You are such a proactive person in handling all of this. We are proud of both you and Laura for your "get well" attitudes and keeping your life in a happy perspective.

Keep us posted....in the meantime, we'll be chatting ith Velike on FB.

Love to you both,

The Gregory Clan

7/21/2009 12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, big Thumbs Up on completing your radiation!

Carson

7/21/2009 4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

Known you for a long time and you/I know lots of people from the Burgh and from State, etc, but bar none, there isn't anyone who has the positive attitude and outlook you have. Its awesome and can't wait till you get through all this.

On a lighter note, my neighbors went to Key West and had to tell the story about Scott waking up on the boat. Still one of the funniest stories I know.

Anyway, knock this out and sorry I haven't been in touch lately. I am definitely thinking about you and Laura and Di says hello as well.

Rico

7/29/2009 10:10 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Mary,

I should find out about radiation results and future treatments this Tuesday. For some reason, this 3rd series of radiation treatments seems to have stolen a lot of my energy. It will hopefully be back soon... We'll be at the hospital pretty much all day next Tuesday, but hopefully I will have a follow-up post soon.

Thanks,
Mark

7/30/2009 1:20 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Carson,

Thanks,
Mark

7/30/2009 1:21 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Rico,

Thanks! I was thinking about the same thing the other day (how long we have known each other, and all of our friends.) I would love to visit the 'Burgh this year, but I doubt it will happen, we'll see...

Tell Di I said hello as well and enjoy the rest of the summer. Then again, football season is right around the corner...

-Mark

7/30/2009 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home