Wednesday, August 26, 2009

08/26/09 - Gibberish

Yesterday evening it seem like I had an episode. Around 5:00PM, I couldn't convey anything long and meaningful during regular speech. I had this happen in the past before two of my hospital visits. Last night was somewhat different because I was able to correctly say a few single-word phrases and act fairly "normal." For example, when I tried to say,"That toy is not for the cat." I would say something like,"do pon red duj gaz." After about 1/2 hour of this, I was able to take about a 15 minute nap and my speaking returned to normal. Strange!

I don't know why this happened. It is very frustrating to know what you want to say, and not be able to say it. It reminds me of being back in inpatient rehab. I didn't have a problem speaking, but my 85+ roommate did. He had a stroke and was trying to recover from it. He was upset when the right words didn't come out. Our mind can do some amazing and detrimental things.

7 Comments:

Blogger DWH said...

Hey Mark. Sorry to hear that happened, but, glad to see you write about it after a short nap...I talked to Ed yesterday...will make that conference call happen again soon.

DWH

8/26/2009 8:40 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Deane,

It was strange...

-Mark

8/27/2009 7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Mark,

That is strange.... I wonder what your Dr's would say about that??

Good luck at your next appt

Sorry I wasn't able to make the trip to the Burgh!!

Melvin

8/27/2009 10:18 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Melvin,

See next post, I contacted my doctors... My trip to Rico's - only Di knew. Thanks for the comment!

-Mark

8/27/2009 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mark (& Laura, of course)....

What strange happenings!!! But all I can say is "You sure are on top of things in getting this all documented and reported." It's awesome how you convey all the details....

As for the newly signed tumor (which they are watching till your Sept appt) -- BOOOOOOOO!!! That ought to scare that ugly critter away!!! GOOD NEWS, though.... the other two are GONE! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "unable to talk" episode was very strange!!!! That must have been quite frustrating! But you're a fighter and I believe it will pass! Radiation can do strange things......

Hey praises have to be made on the good news, friend! When those bad reports creep in on your case, we'll just have to "get rid of them ASAP."

As always, our prayers and thoughts are with you (and Laura) as you stay on top of this latest incident....GET WELL, PAL!!

The Gregory Clan

8/30/2009 9:58 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Mary,

Thanks!

-Mark

8/31/2009 12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you did talk like that at 4am in Islamorada...remember?

Billy

8/31/2009 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home