Saturday, July 21, 2007

07/21/07 - Pittsburgh Trip

On July 10th, I bought plane tickets to Pittsburgh for Laura and I. We had a partial credit because I had to cancel our Labor Day 2006 trip, on account of my diagnosis on 8/23/06. We missed a fun side-trip of renting a houseboat for the weekend, but I had bigger fish to fry...

For those of you that don't know, Pittsburgh (thereabouts) is my hometown. So, I should (energy permitting) visit a lot of friends and family when I'm there. I get in August 10th and leave on the 18th. Laura gets in a little later on the 13th. I'm in the process of trying to plan things out.

There is a risk I won't make it to Pittsburgh (due to my bloodcounts or other unforeseen sickness), but it will take a lot for me to not go.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

Good to hear that you are going to make it home for a bit of time -- it should prove to be a very nice visit. I think it is great for you to think so positively that all will be okay and you'll be able to make the trip without any setbacks.....Of course, your old Aunt Mary will be praying deligently that all will be positive for you and Laura as you make the trip, and your blood count will be right on target for you!!!

Our best to both of you and love reading your updates. Please keep us posted on things as you progress along!

We send our continual love and prayers,

Mary & Bill (and all the extended Gregory families).

7/22/2007 10:23 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Mary & Bill,

Thanks for leaving all of the positive comments. I'll try to be better at replying to them. I also think this trip "home" will be good and we are looking forward to it very much.

-Mark

7/23/2007 9:48 AM  
Blogger David Galloway said...

Mark,
I hope that I can get to see you while you are in the 'burg. You have my contact info, right? You were missed at the reunion Saturday. ;-)

8/06/2007 7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home