Saturday, July 21, 2007

07/19/07 - Recumbent to HI

No, I didn't ride my recumbent to Hawaii, just Honeymoon Island, a nearby state park with a beach and some nature trails. I didn't partake of either, Honeymoon Island was just the destiny of my ride. It was my longest ride yet, at about 17 miles.


I equipped my tricycle with both a GPS and a bicycle computer for speed and mileage. I had both items already, so it was zero expense to me. The GPS is overkill, but I can easily import its output to Google Earth (see below) and other mapping applications. I don't plan on getting lost, but I can see where I've been.


There is another picture of me on my tricycle below under the heading "Recumbent Tricycle." I didn't post the photo at the same time as the text, and I don't want to post the same photo again, but I did want to remind everyone it was there.

My trip to Honeymoon went fine. I spent most of the time "in the saddle." I did have some extra water spill (it was a good amount), but I bought some more water. My forearms and lower legs got some sunburn, but it wasn't a full-on "redneck" tan (although it was partial...)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

Geez, I can't ride 17miles and I don't have chemo!

"Gps that outputs to Google Earth".....thanks, another expense I didn't know I was going to incur....;)

7/22/2007 9:54 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Fred,

Yeah, but it was a very slow 17 miles...

-Mark

7/23/2007 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home