Friday, January 08, 2010

01/08/10 - What I did by 8AM today...

I usually wake up before 8:00AM, but this morning, I woke up at 4:30AM. I stayed in bed until nearly 5:00AM, hoping that I would fall back asleep. At 5AM, it was fairly obvious to me that sleep was not in my immediate future, and 5:00 is a fairly reasonable time to get up.

At 4:30AM, I woke up with some irritation. My sinuses were clogged, and my nose was running, so I got out of bed to blow my nose. It has been running on and off since the weekend (how nice it must be for you to read about my runny nose :). At first, I suspected maybe a weak cold or the cold temperatures, but now that it has been nearly a week, I will contact my doctors.

Back to what I did before 8AM. I'm not trying to proclaim anything special here, it's just that in the past, many people have asked me what I do all day (short answer - I try to stay busy). Hence this post.

  • Emailed my oncology doctors at Moffitt about my runny nose. It may seem like a trivial issue, but it could be a serious side effect or condition...
  • Emailed the officers and board of the local PSU Alumni club, which Laura and I stay as active as we can in. I have been maintaining their website for several years, and I may hand it off. "Officers and board" was to make it sound more important than it was, :), it is true, though.
  • Finally, made breakfast - oatmeal because I apparently have genetically high cholesterol even though I eat very healthy and stay as active as I can. In my book, almost as bad as being diagnosed with cancer, due to my healthy lifestyle.

What else will I do today? I have some things planned, and a very long list...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmmmm....I was sleeping very well at the time of your getting up. Sure glad you didn't decide to call and get chatty!!! You did get a lot done, though...GOOD FOR YOU! (Hope you didn't wake Velike!!! That could have been disastrous!)

Your "cold" description is quite acceptable, Mark. You must be attentive to EVERYTHING, and it's good you stay connected with your doctors...

Uhhh..tell Scott to be careful with his "germs"...lol

Love ya,
The Gregory Clan

1/08/2010 11:13 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Mary,

I'm up early again, maybe I should call...

Yes, Scott does need to be more careful with his germs...

-Mark

1/09/2010 6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home