Thursday, March 13, 2008

03/13/08 - Rocky Hagan

This is an unusual post for me, as it's an obituary for a friend.

Rocky Hagan passed away last Saturday from a massive heart attack. I had met him when we both went to radiation treatment in November-December 2006. He was genuinely very nice, and Laura and I went to dinner a few times with Rocky and his girlfriend, Jo Ann. They were both about to retire.

I have been looking in the local papers for an obituary, but I have had no luck. I googled his name, and his passing was memorialized by a number of Radio Control (RC) websites. Apparently, one of his hobbies was racing RC cars. Everyone felt the same about Rocky, they only had good things to say.

Laura and I saw Rocky and Jo Ann when we went to Moffitt hospital recently on February 26th. We made tentative plans to meet for dinner soon. Jo Ann called us last weekend with the terrible news. From what I can tell, he passed doing one of his favorite things, racing RC cars. He will be missed...

Our sincere condolences to Jo Ann, his friends, and family.

3 Comments:

Blogger rashelle said...

Hi I was on the internet looking for my cousin Rocky Hagan uncle rocks son. The first link that popped up to click on was the blog about my uncle telling what a good person he was. That made me feel really good to read this and I thank you very much for writing about him. He was a great man through and through and will be deeply missed. If anyone knows how to get ahold of my cousin I would greatly appreciate it if I could get emailed my address is rashelle0515@embarqmail.com thank you very much!

3/26/2008 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, i was wondering if anyone knows if this Rocky Hagan had a son?
thank you

7/14/2010 4:51 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Anonymous,

I wasn't sure if Rocky had a son, but if you read the comment just above yours, his niece confirmed that he had at least one...

-Mark

7/14/2010 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home