Friday, February 22, 2008

02/22/08 - Medical Update

Nothing out of the ordinary to report here. I've been in the "low blood count" part of the cycle where I get my counts checked twice per week and receive treatments to raise them. Again, they go low because of my chemotherapy treatment, which attacks my counts as well as the tumor it is supposed to shrink or totally remove. Most of my counts are currently rising, which is good.

I will go for an appointment at Moffitt next Tuesday. This is my 8 week doctor appointment, where they give me an MRI and check my blood counts before my doctor reviews them. The reports have been positive so far and they will hopefully be clear next week. I'm supposed to receive chemotherapy a week after this appointment, but this can slide if my blood counts aren't up to par.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home