Tuesday, January 22, 2008

01/22/08 - Transfusion V

I'm posting this comment before my fifth transfusion. Late this morning, my oncologist's assistant got blood count results from yesterday. My platelets are low (11,000 vs. a normal low of 140,000) so I have to get a transfusion at 4:00 today to raise my platelets. My hemoglobin has also dipped to 10.3, so I will also receive a shot of Aranesp to boost my red blood cells.


A unit of platelets.

I will try to post the results of the hospital visit tonight. I expect it to go routinely...

It's 7:30PM and we just got back from Moffitt. The transfusion and injection went without a hitch, although there was a mosquito in Laura's car...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,

Hope everything goes OK, and we get to see you this weekend.

Take Care,
Carson

1/22/2008 1:57 PM  
Blogger That Software Guy said...

Hopefully just a brief post-chemo dip that you'll get through quickly. Looking forward to a report of higher levels soon.

Scott

1/22/2008 11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Female or male mosquito? I hate those females mosquitoes......bitches.

1/27/2008 11:21 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Fred,

I don't know if I was bitten, but my lower leg was itching and had a swollen area - but it could have been the transfusion. If it was able to bite, it would go after me...

1/28/2008 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home