Wednesday, February 10, 2010

02/09/10 - Avastin 2.8

Posted 2/10. Well, this dose of Avastin was uneventful, again. That's good! I did experience several new items (non-medical!) both good and not so good...


The end of my Avastin treatment

I wanted to send the above picture via facebook, Email, and/or blog post - while I was still receiving the Avastin. Of course, that didn't happen because of the following "complications."
1. Moffitt's free wi-fi was not working properly, so I didn't have internet access.
2. It was difficult to take the picture, load it on the laptop, edit it (resize), upload it to a site, and add text in a time-constrained period (Avastin delivery takes about 1/2 hour). End result, I was able to just take a picture!
3. I am sure I lost focus...
4. When I first started my blog (September 2006), I could EASILY post pictures and text to my blog, via my cell phone. I have to admit that cellular technology makes it MUCH easier to accomplish this task - what was I thinking? (I was thinking that the laptop had much more horsepower than a cell phone, and it should be easy...)

Another bad thing, we were at Moffitt about 4 1/2 hours for procedures that took less than 45 minutes to complete. Of course, waiting is nothing new, patients and/or their families are just forced to put up with it...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

So glad the medical procedure went quickly ONCE you got in to have it. So sorry about the technical problems with your computer/cell phone. But the posting eventually happened -- that's the good news.

Am still waiting to hear about the mri's on the growths to see of they have remained the same or what. Keep praying they will disappear for you with all these treatments.

Keep fighting....stay strong....and know we're all thinking about you daily.

Much love....the Gregory Clan

2/11/2010 8:54 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Mary,

Thanks for the comment! I will have an "interim" MRI next Thursday and go over it with my radiation oncologist late on Friday. I'll try to post results soon after that...

-Mark

2/16/2010 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home