Friday, April 17, 2009

04/17/09 - General Update

Well, I've been busy here on my end. I take a low dosage of steroids (decadron) every day to combat any bad reactions such as headaches, but they do disrupt my sleep a lot. I can't say that it's just the steroids, it may be me just wanting to do more. It is still difficult for me to concentrate on my health (although I still try), because there are so many things I want to do. Albeit in a slow manner, as I technically have many "physical" issues and side effects...

For instance, my next Intrathecal Chemotherapy is scheduled for next Tuesday, April 21 at 3:30. I kind of forgot about it until I was looking at my calendar last night because a package is supposed to be shipped to me on April 22nd... And the April 21st medical appointment has been in the "forefront" of my mind. 'Need to slow down again...

FYI, but I should hopefully post fairly quickly about next week's chemo.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suter,

Good to see the tests are all clear. I don't think you are excercising enough, obviously 18 miles is soooo easy...dude, no wonder you have headaches!

Seriously though glad to see all the positive results and glad to see you doing a lot. I know for a person that can't sit still very long it has to be a pain doing all this treatment and having to wait around, etc, but obviously it is VERY worth it.

We'll be thinking about you next week when Di and I take the boys up to PSU for the Blue/White game (weather permitting - rain and cold not good with a 4 and 7 year old ....or me, sunny and warm = tailgate and obviously good so we'll see if we make it up there)

Tell Laura we said hello and keep moving... but maybe only ride 15 miles next time:)

Take care. Rico (and family)

4/19/2009 9:08 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Rico,

Yes, great test results definitely impacted me in a positive way. I've always tried to remain positive since my diagnosis, but the recent negative effects of severe headaches and hospital stays did have a negative impact on my anxiety... The test results certainly helped turn that around, and hopefully this period will be behind me...

I hope you are able to make it to the Blue/White game, and that the weather is decent. Our PSU alumni group is having their annual spring picnic this Saturday, and we look forward to it! Can't wait for football season...

-Mark

4/21/2009 8:58 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/24/2009 12:34 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Mark, thinking of you often.
Thanks for keeping everyone updated.

4/24/2009 12:34 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

JoAnna,

Thanks for the comment, as always I actually have many more posts that I need to do...

-Mark

4/24/2009 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home