Friday, April 03, 2009

04/02/09 - Hospital Release

Hmmm... I guess this post needs to be very positive... First of all, thanks to everyone who left comments on the blog, sent Emails, or attempted to call (even though I was in no position to answer a phone in my hospital bed). All of the medical tests turned out negative - an MRI of my spine, an EEG, analysis of the Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) withdrawn at my last chemotherapy on 3/19/09. Great news!

Anxiety got to me. It was complicated a bit by the drugs I was on, but I don't want to blame them, but myself. I hope I can prevent this from happening in the future, and I'm going to have to concentrate more on my health to do it. I had an adjustment to my daily medications (there aren't many) and my chemotherapy dosage. Hopefully, the severe headaches and other symptoms will subside.

As expected, I was released from Moffitt hospital late yesterday evening. A whole day of "hurry up and wait." That IS what I expected as my doctors needed to analyze my test results and I wasn't on their schedule per se. I had a room, so other patients came before me, I pretty much expected the whole day to slip by before discharge, and finally getting the positive results from the tests around 5:30PM was really just "icing on the cake."

I felt I needed to get this update out quickly, but expect another post to follow shortly with portions of my MRIs and a picture of me in my hospital bed (yes, if it were up to me, I would have a camera and a tripod to take all kinds of pictures, but I digress...)

Thanks to everyone again for your support!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Mark! Very glad to read that you are feeling better.

Carson

4/03/2009 9:23 AM  
Blogger willis said...

Great news!!!!

4/04/2009 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,
I don't know if you remember me from high school, but I'm wishing you the best.

Camille

4/04/2009 2:54 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Carson,

I do feel MUCH better! I also have to remain MORE committed to my health...

-Mark

4/07/2009 8:57 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Willis,

Thanks for your comment! You have to stop waking up so early (Tuesday).

-Mark

4/07/2009 9:02 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Camille,

Thanks for your words of encouragement.

-Mark

4/07/2009 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home