Saturday, June 21, 2008

06/21/08 - General Update

Yes, it has definitely been a while since my last update. I have been busy and one of the first things to lose priority in my mind is updating my blog. Medically, appointments have slowed down and generally went well, so there have been no changes to "desperately" report there. Although I will post a separate "Medical Update" to bring everyone up to date...

What kept me so busy? The most recent thing was a new shed. Hopefully, it will help to de-clutterize our house (which would make Laura happy). I would like to post a picture of it, but it has been raining most of the day today. I looked at a lot of sheds and ended up spending a lot more money than I had planned, but for that I got a substantially upgraded and well-constructed model. I half-joked with Laura that if a hurricane ever came, we would be safer in the shed. Probably true.

For the shed, I had to choose a model (shop), clear out a level site (remove "trees" and roots), and other various tasks... Not so difficult for a "normal" person, but hard for someone who doesn't get around or effectively move well. Very time consuming...

I've also bought some things for a kayak trailer I would like to build - for my tricycle. I will post a picture of it when that happens. First a bike (trike), next the open sea - conquering these tasks is a great way to get physical therapy and exercise at the same time. For a while, I was riding my bike a lot, but I haven't beem recently due to my involement with other tasks...

I'm also trying to experiment with electronics. It's one thing I used to do with my "day job" and I have some projects in mind now to try to gauge my abilities. For example, a few weeks ago I tried to solder a few LEDs to a wire and make a crude keyboard light. "Crude" being the key word. I used to think that I soldered pretty well, and it was depressing to see what I did now. Really, I try not to get down much, but that experience struck a nerve with me...

Well, I'm going to go work on my medical post. Hopefully, I will get it online today. That's a good probability, because the weather has definitely gotten worse outside...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home