Tuesday, May 06, 2008

05/06/08 - Quick Medical Update

As I stated in my last post, I opted to not receive my 8th and final chemo treatment. My blood counts have been low, but once per week instead of the usual two times. My counts have been pretty much the same over the past three weeks. My neutrophils, responsible for some of my immunity, are the only counts that have slowly gotten lower. Hopefully, they are going to turn around by my next blood check in a week.

My blood count plots are accurate as of this evening. Again, the newest values are on the right side of the chart. Although they are low, three of the four counts are slowly rising...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mark,

Yea!!!....your count is getting better!! We'll keep praying that this continues. By the way, if things become back to a normal count, will you be opting for the final chemo treatment, or is it something that has to be done in a particular sequence? Keep us posted

We're doing about the same here...busy, busy, busy. Have your Dad and Karen returned to Pgh?

Our best to both you and Laura....and don't forget, our prayers will be constant in your gaining complete health and strength.

Mary & Bill Gregory and all the crew

5/07/2008 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does it feel to be done with chemo? Do you feel like you have cleared a hurdle? Ready for a new challenge?

Glad to hear that all of the tests are coming up clean.

Carson

5/20/2008 2:42 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Carson,

It does feel great to be done with chemo. It will feel even better the further out I get... I have no shortage of challenges, but I stay positive about them. Unless you want to offer me a new one :b...

-Mark

5/25/2008 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home