Sunday, May 25, 2008

05/25/08 - Memorial Day 2008

First of all, I guess it's only appropriate to thank everyone that has fallen for our freedom, as well as those people that are still fighting for it. The military has done/is doing the bulk of the work, but I didn't want to single them out, as somewhere other people are likely doing their part as well.

Hopefully everyone who travels this holiday will stay safe. Laura and I aren't going to go anywhere that isn't just a short jaunt from our house. This morning, I watched the CBS Morning Show, and Bill Geist called not going anywhere a "staycation." I like (and have experience with) that term...

Saturday, Laura took me (I still don't drive) to the local Volkswagen dealer to see their new, small SUV - the Tiguan. I was just satisfying my curiosity, NOT buying. It was nice for a smaller SUV, if that's your thing...

Laura also took me to a Smart car dealer. I like all cars, especially smaller ones. The Smart cars are made by Mercedes and have been in Europe for about 10 years. They are just now for sale in the US. They are small on the exterior, but roomy inside. They are also very safe (especially when not hit by a behemoth SUV) and the basic gas model easily gets over 40 mpg. I was impressed to look at them and their features...

2 Comments:

Blogger Rico said...

Mark,

I LOVE the Smart Cars. When we visit my Aunt in Italy they are everywhere. I have ridden in them, parked them. They are awesome. To sell them in the city you walk into a place the size of Starbucks (if that) and they are stacked up on racks on either side like you would be buying a pair of shoes or a lawn mower at Lowes, they drive them right out the front door.

Keep us posted on your 6/17 appointment and will be pulling for an "all clear"!!!!

6/03/2008 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is strange I have a friend at 24.com, Stuart that is also going through a rough time with Cancer also brain cancer as for me I seem to been the lucky one been for complete T count yesterday and will most likely have the result at Wednesday.
I don’t know but brain cancer seems to be everywhere?
You are in my prayers

6/14/2008 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home