Thursday, May 20, 2010

05/20/10 - Moffitt Post

Aaah! The device I'm using to create this post is difficult for me to use... Waiting to have MRI scans performed at Moffitt. I will try to add more when I get home... 2 reasons - I don't know when I might be called, and I am not used to this device! Oh well... :)


**** Begin PC Edit ****
That "device" was my Nokia N810. All the features of a more intelligent cellphone (smartphone), but it only has wi-fi, NOT cellular service. Like the Apple iPhone without the phone (it can make internet phone calls). I think it is better than the iPhone, because it doesn't have a proprietary operating system, and every "app" that I have seen is free... I bought it to learn Linux, but it's small size makes it hard for me to hold and type on it. I still like it though, and many people (including me) say that it beats the iPhone... :)


My Nokia N810

**** End PC Edit ****

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mark,

I recently got an HTC Desire mainly for use in India and Europe, since it uses international 3G bands. India is supposed to go 3G later this year, so it is only 2G for the moment (EDGE at least). HTC Desire is the HTC branded version of the Google Nexus (which HTC manufactures to Google specs), but with Microsoft Exchange sync for business. I looked at the Nokia N900, which seems like it may be the full-fledged version of your 810. Very cool phone, but I wanted Android. Hope that you enjoy it.

5/25/2010 4:22 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Carson,

Yes, I can't wait to get an Android phone! In my opinion, they are the best! My Nokia N810 is more akin to a Netbook...

-Mark

5/25/2010 11:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have to be careful with the aps on an Android phone, though; they can absolutely slaughter the battery!

5/26/2010 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home