Wednesday, January 27, 2010

01/26/10 - Dinner

Posted 1/27. Laura and I ate dinner (~7:15PM start) at Jason's Deli again after leaving Moffitt. It has been a while since we ate there, although we still really like it for their healthier choices, and free stuff. For instance, I really like their free cornmeal mini-muffins and free ice cream. They may have healthy choices on the menu, but I guess I destroy that by eating too many free ice cream cones. They are small, though.


I'm salivating like Pavlov's dog...

A tragedy occurred when I dropped half of my second 'cone on the floor! It landed ice cream-down, but I wouldn't have eaten it no matter how it ended-up on the floor (maybe).


The poor cone that I dropped on the floor

All I had eaten since breakfast was half of a sandwich that Laura had brought from home. Apparently, eating my usual wrap at Jason's brought out my hunger, which I took out on the defenseless ice cream cones. I ate 5 1/2 before Laura stopped me. Yep, she always jokes about the Ice Cream Police watching me when we go there...


Me eating yet another ice cream cone

6 Comments:

Blogger Big Monkey said...

The ice cream police have Mark's picture on a "Wanted..." poster on the wall at Jason's Deli. The reward wasn't tempting enough so I didn't turn him in... this time.

1/28/2010 8:35 PM  
Anonymous fred said...

Isn't the "ice cream" at Jason's fat-free yogurt anyway?

1/29/2010 12:12 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Fred,

I was writing a reply, and I decided to go to the "Jason's" website. I almost had a revelation! The cones are fat-free, and only 20 calories. Then I thought,"That has to be wrong..." Well, I'm disappointed to say that the Ice cream has 5g of fat & about 160 calories per 4 ounce serving... The "cones" listing was (not surprising) just the cones.

I had a few seconds of joy when I first read about the "cones," not realizing at first that the ice cream had separate listings. Boo hoo!

I'm still going to eat them, though. Likely in high volumes... Oh yeah, and I'm going to post about their nutritional content, soon.

-Mark

1/29/2010 9:49 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Big Monkey,

I will post that poster soon...

-Mark

P.S. How's that? Basic rule of the English language, "er" means "one who." So, poster should mean "one who posts. "In this case, I am going to post a poster of myself, that may be proper English no matter how you interpret the meaning of "poster." Weird...

1/29/2010 10:00 AM  
Blogger Big Monkey said...

Mark, who is the poster of the poster, will post it soon. Maybe you should be a posterer instead?

P.S. Alpha males like myself don't need to worry about the calories and fat content in their ice cream cones. My sculpted guns need extra nourishment anyway.

1/29/2010 8:11 PM  
Anonymous fred said...

Well, consider the ice cream as a replacement of the beers you would otherwise be consuming. Far be it for me to be the poster child of not consuming beers, but just the poster of consuming ice cream trade-offs.

1/30/2010 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home