Monday, March 03, 2008

03/03/08 - Medical Update

I had a doctor's appointment last Tuesday (2/26/08), and they took an MRI of my head as well as a check of my blood counts. The MRI was clear, which is good news. My blood counts were still to low to receive chemotherapy at the scheduled date of 3/1/08 (last Saturday). Now, I will have my blood counts checked again this Wednesday to see if they have come up enough to receive chemo this weekend (to knock my counts down again).

Yes, the treatment (chemo & radiation) has taken a LONG time, starting around November of 2006. Just be happy that you only have to read about it... It is boring to say (type?) the same thing over and over, but I want to be somewhat accurate if someone has to go through a similar ordeal. Once again, things become routine when you experience them often enough... At least the treatments are pretty mundane and not painful. I would rather not have the treatment calendar dragged out, but there are reasons behind it.

By the way, two more chemotherapy treatments (about 16 weeks) left...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to consider this great news Mark!

Keep doing what you're doing. It's a long road, but will improve!!

3/05/2008 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home