Friday, November 20, 2009

11/19/09 - Avastin 2.2

So far, my blood counts have been decent, but I've only received 1 dose so far, this post is about my second post, but I won't find out about any negative effects until the future. (I did receive two treatments of Avastin back in October, but we'll consider this "series 2.")

Receiving the second dose went well, I fell asleep. The whole treatment took around an hour, I really didn't pay attention. I had told Laura I wanted to take a picture, but it was done before we knew it... The nurse had disconnected my chest port and we were ready to go. So, Laura took a picture, then we left.


The end of the treatment

Yes, I'm wearing jeans and a medium-weight coat. The white material near my left hand is a blanket. I get cold. For one thing, it is always cold in the hospital, but chemo and/or radiation treatments have left me feel cold pretty much all of the time. It was probably in the about 83 outside when the picture was taken. One great thing about feeling cold - at least it makes the low 90s more tolerable down here in Florida... :-)

Oops! Forgot the mask at first. Part of my swine flu defense as well as quarantining myself. I would get vaccinated, but with the shortages, it seems like young kids and students have been getting it first...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're glad to read your latest update....it does seem somewhat odd to be wearing that heavy coat, but I know myself how cold hospital can get (when I was in the hospital last March). You know that's to keep germs at the minimum, because bacteria loves warmth. So staff and patients must remain prepared while in the hospital.

I would say you look good, as usual, but that mask does take away some of my view to analyze how really great you do look. But from what I can see, you look GOOD!!!

Know you'll enjoy your time at Thanksgiving when the family gets together -- please tell everyone hello for us.

Take care, as always, and be sure to keep us posted on your great blog page....

Much love from all of us,

The Gregory Clan

11/21/2009 10:24 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Mary,

Yes, the blog should remain fairly up-to-date over the next month... (er two weeks, that's as long as I know my treatment plan)

Have a nice holiday as well, with whichever family members show up.

-Mark

11/23/2009 9:54 AM  
Blogger babbler said...

Mark, just visiting while surfing blogs, came across yours, nothing is ever an accident. Now I will say Happy Thanksgiving and send love and hope for a nice easy slide through your next treatment. Come on over to "slugs rest" if you need some r and r and encouragement from fellow slugs!
Love, Mrs. Slug

11/26/2009 1:28 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

babbler (Mrs. Slug),

Thanks for your comment! I checked out your blog and liked it, not only the content, but some of the extra "widgets" you have added.

I had a friend nicknamed "Slug." At first, I thought you might have had something to do with him, but he is in Pennsylvania...

Keep posting...

-Mark

11/27/2009 8:26 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

I randomly stumbled across your blog and I'm glad I did. You are truly and inspiration and I look forward to reading about your journey. Well wishes and Christmas cheer sent your way from Ohio.

12/04/2009 8:55 PM  
Blogger Sheetal said...

hi there,

just randomly came across your blog. hope you're doing well... take care :)

12/05/2009 9:36 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Christine,

Thanks for your comment. Have a Merry Christmas as well! I just had another big medical appointment, resulting in good (status quo) news - it will be on the blog in a few days...

-Mark

12/06/2009 2:50 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Sheetal,

South Korea - you own the record for "Furthest Away" comment. Previously, it was just Canada... Thanks for the comment and have Happy Holidays!

-Mark

12/06/2009 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home