Sunday, November 15, 2009

11/13/09 - Bike Ride

Yeah, I wanted to post that I rode my recumbent trike on Friday because it has been a while... When I went to first ride it, the chain popped-off for the first time. Probably the 11/13 date... Anyhow, just a slight annoyance as it was easy to put on, once I saw how the manufacturer routed it (it is different than a regular bicycle since it is a recumbent).

On Saturday, Laura ran a 5k race (3.1 miles) that likely inspired me as it benefited The Suncoast Primate Sanctuary (The Chimp Farm) nearby us. She came in 4th. Unfortunately, there were only about 20 competitors. I rode my trike to the street just north of The Chimp Farm. Yes, I had my GPS track it.


The GPS Track

On the southern end, I rode past the Crystal Beach waterfront. In the middle, I rode around the perimeter of Wall Springs Park, a county park which is very close to us. The GPS said I rode about 7 miles. It has been a while since I rode my bike, so my legs and back are letting me know about it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow....great ride! And....great race, Laura! Congratulations on your coming in 4th!

Tell your Dad and Karen we said 'hi' and hope they can maybe come over during their stay in Florida.

Know you're bummed about being quarantined because of the flu virus....yuk. But you MUST stay as healthy as possible.

We're still praying for ya, kiddo!

Talk soon.....hopefully!

Mary and Bill and the Gregory Clan

11/15/2009 10:10 PM  
Blogger Big Monkey said...

See the green line headed east of our house? Well, that's my bank. On Friday afternoon at work I received a "monkey alert" - crazy boy on recumbent tricycle circling the drive thru...LOL! Luckily there were no cars present because our customers are hell on wheels.

11/16/2009 6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Big Monkey....bet the "crazy boy" circling the drive thru on his recumbent was a better driver than the customers! Just the other day I was "entering" the drive thru at our bank, and low and behold, "a driver "exiting" the dive thru had decided to turned into my lane and was "facing me -- eye to eye" -- I was the first to stop; she stopped and pointed me to go around her! Unbelievable, huh!

11/16/2009 4:30 PM  
Blogger Big Monkey said...

Oh, I believe you! I've seen many near misses in the drive thru and general parking area. There are signs everywhere directing people, but apparently they're not bright enough to comprehend them. If I had a dollar for every time they complained about it too, I wouldn't even need to be compensated by the bank...LOL! There have also been incidents of drivers hitting inanimate objects, like the building itself! I kid you not...

11/17/2009 6:06 AM  
Anonymous fred said...

Ashamed to say I couldn't ride any bike that far (or run 3 miles for that matter)and I'm not on chemo!

11/22/2009 9:11 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Fred,

I was slow...

-Mark

11/23/2009 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home