Saturday, June 05, 2010

06/01/10 - Radiation 5.1

Posted 6/5. New notation: Series 5 (the fifth time I have received radiation treatment), Session 1 (the first of 17 radiation doses I am scheduled to receive). The number of treatments is adding up, so I created this notation to help myself and anyone else to keep track of them...

I didn't have any pictures taken at the session, because it was a little longer than normal as it was the first one. The radiation technicians made sure to place me accurately, and add pen marks and new tattoos to my lower back. Thanks Rick and Nancy!

Actually, when I did get home later that evening, I asked Laura to take pictures of my lower back. There were a LOT of blue circles around old and new tattoos which the technicians did during the session. I don't know which tattoos are old and which are new, although I could take an educated guess... They will appear as tiny blue "periods" (.) when they heal.


My lower back, targets and tattoos are circled in blue

Other than being about twice as long as usual (still relatively quick), radiation 5.1 went well.

4 Comments:

Blogger George said...

Pleurisy, huh? Boy, you have these medical terms down pat! I can't even spell any of them let alone pronounce them. You were always one of the smartest people I knew and I mean that. Well, I'm glad that everything worked out and you are back home with Laura! Also glad that the radiation is going well. Leah and I think of you everyday and have you in our thoughts and prayers constantly. Can't wait to see you guys again. Get these treatment plans all finished up and get better in time for PSU football this fall. I got a ticket for you and Laura if you guys can make it. Hang in there. Your strength, patience, commitment and determination is second to none. Talk to you guys soon.

George & Leah

6/06/2010 8:49 AM  
Anonymous Fred said...

Getting caught up on the last month Mark. It's been busy around the house lately with the addition and joy of a new baby girl followed by the reality of unemployment July 1! Stay out of aviation....

Anyway, thinking of you guys often and helping you spiritually to fight the fight.

Cheers brother,
Fred

6/09/2010 6:13 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

George and Leah,

Thanks for the comment and your support! Hmmm... PSU football tickets, that may be "suitable" bait. Rest assured that I'm always trying to make it to Pittsburgh, whenever I can... Medical terms - I verify them, usually on Wikipedia...

-Mark

6/13/2010 5:20 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Fred,

Aviation - I know it is a struggle at times, but I admire your pursuit of your dreams... Maybe there is an opening at the Nielsen office in Denver...

-Mark

6/13/2010 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home