Friday, April 09, 2010

04/06/10 - Radiation #6 Photos

Ummm... Ask and you shall receive? (see previous post) When I went to radiation treatment #6, radiation technician (don't be offended if that is not your proper title, I'm taking an "educated guess") Andrea took some great photos. The first one below depicts my initial placement on the radiation table.

Pre-radiation positioning

The second picture depicts me in field three of three, when treatment is done. The table that I am placed on moves horizontally and vertically closer to the Radiation machine, which rotates and irradiates my spinal cord from 3 different locations called "fields." That's a short description...

Post-radiation position

I hope to post a "better" video and description of the process next week, but in the meantime you can refer back to my post on 11/18/08 for more details and a slide show of that treatment : Radiation Plan #2 Details. Press "play" button (may have to do so twice) to view.

Once again, that was from Radiation Treatment Plan #2. I'm now going through Plan #4...

2 Comments:

Blogger George said...

Marcus!

Miss you man. Sorry I haven't checked the blog for a while. I'll try to keep up on ya more often. Leah and I pray oir you quite a bit. Keep your head up and keep positive and more forward. You are such an inspiration. We hope to see you and Laura soon. Any trips planned to Pittsburgh in the near future? Everything will work out. I hope the best results on your current radiation treatment. Hope to see you soon.

Let's go PSU.

Geo

4/10/2010 5:27 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

George,

Thanks for your continued support! I'm going to try to make a trip to the 'Burgh, but we can't make any long-term plans due to my seemingly always changing medical schedule, :(. I'll surely let you know if I can...

-Mark

4/11/2010 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home