Tuesday, January 15, 2008

01/15/08 - Quick Update

I've recently been trying to plot my blood counts in Excel. For those of you that don't know, Excel is a spreadsheet program within Microsoft Office. It has built-in features to both store values and graph, and I feel that I am (or was) well-versed at using it.

My count-plotter is not only a record of values, but it will show trends when my counts are plotted. I hope to plot counts by selecting one and just pressing a button. Behind the scenes, it is controlled by code that I have to program. I intend to post its output when I have something more meaningful, but it is limping along now - kind of like me :)

Tomorrow, I will likely have my blood counts checked again. As usual, although a local lab will draw blood tomorrow, I likely won't know any results until Thursday. Friday and Saturday I hope to go to a Brain Tumor Conference that's being held locally.

3 Comments:

Blogger That Software Guy said...

Hoping to see a strong uptrend confirming a "buy" signal. No wait - that's something else. Hoping you feel great, and looking forward to hearing about the conference!

1/16/2008 6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it was only a matter of time. You're not happy unless you're crunching numbers. However, maybe you should just buy a Mac. windoze may hamper your blood count!

1/16/2008 11:34 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Fred & Scott,

Thanks for your feedback. I don't advocate "Windoze" or Microsoft. Unfortunately (very?), I happen to know that system.

If anyone else reads these comments, here's a quote I received a few years ago from a Mac convert, "Everything just works, it doesn't crash, and it's intuitive."

I try not to take sides in my posting, but if the general public knew more about Windoze vs. Apple, they would choose Mac all the way.

Windoze probably is having a negative effect on my counts, among other evil things it does...

1/17/2008 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home