Monday, September 25, 2006

Goodies...


So my dad's girlfriend called around 3:00 and asked him if I would be interested in a home made coconut cream pie. Now, there are many foods that I can't stomach, but there are also those foods that are worth taking the risk for, and I had a feeling that I was going to have to suck ths one up for the advancement of science...

Somehow the pie turned into a flash in the pants and never really materialized for some unknown reason, but at 11:00PM I wondered if my dad could really be playing that cruel of a trick on me. Don't dangle a pie in front of my face in my condition. Knowing full well he was asleep, I had to call to see what happened to the pie.

He didn't answer the initial call. I knew ther was an outside chance he would. Five minutes later and he called.

"What's the deal with the pie?"
"It's here."
"It's not doing me any good there, can Laura come and get it?"
"No, I'll bring it up."
"Sweet..."

It really hit the spot. Karen makes excellent pies. I ate 1/4 of it.

And I went out on a limb and had frozen lasagna for dinner.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic! Take that pop!

9/25/2006 3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost lost my lunch when I glanced at your pie photo, until I realized that you DO have pants on in the picture.

- Carson

9/25/2006 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home