Saturday, June 19, 2010

06/18/10 - Radiation 5.14

Radiation treatment 14 of 17 was again uneventful, as expected. The radiation treatments have had their desired effect of gradually reducing my lower back pain, due to my cancer. The pain is still there, but it has decreased each week.

Of course, the main reason for the radiation treatments was to eliminate cancer in my L4 vertebra of my spinal column (bone). The reduction in my lower back pain indicates that it has been successful. I won't know the full extent until MRI images are taken and evaluated at Moffitt on July 23rd.

At this point, only 3 radiation treatments in this series remain!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty good report....will be anxiously waiting to hear the final results July 23! Love reviewing your posts...keep up the good work.

The Gregory Clan

6/20/2010 8:46 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Mary,

Thanks!

-Mark

6/20/2010 9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow~ almost done again. Thank you Lord! Can't believe you rode your "hog" so far in the middle of radiation, great work!
We are on a nice 6 week break. I am loving every second of it as is Rich. What a huge relief to not have daily radiation and weekly chemo. Trusting God for the results of the nest PETScan. Knowing tht no matter what the scan shows, God is in control and bad news in the eyes of the world is but a bigger and better chance to show how big he is and how much he loves his Children. Praying for you-you can keep going!!!!!

6/21/2010 9:28 PM  
Blogger George said...

Ric Flair!

6/28/2010 9:38 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

George,

Wow, it has been a long time since I heard that! I'm not sure, I think Melvin used to say it more often?

-Mark

7/04/2010 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home