Thursday, August 26, 2010

06/25/10 - Journey, Accident, Repair, Rescue - Part 4 (of 3!)

Posted 8/26. What? Part 4 of 3! I just added this part to put up a few more pictures on my blog... :)

My bicycle computer said that I rode a total of 10.43 miles the day that the sidewalk punctured my tube, up until I was "rescued." My GPS said the trip was over 17 miles, but I had it on in Northern Tool (during which it lost satellite signal MANY times), and it was on after my "rescue" which likely added about 5 miles. I might have walked about a mile in Northern Tool as I searched for repair options...


My bicycle computer, after the "accident" ride

The toolkit that I ordered after the accident, allowing me to repair almost anything on a bike, yet it still able to roll-up into a fairly small package.


There are many tools in the kit that I ordered...



Despite containing many tools, the kit still rolls-up compactly!

How did I know this stuff? From my father. For most of his career, he was an auto mechanic. He also worked on cars and motorcycles at home. He restored many of them. When my brother was a teen, he restored many vehicles as well. In comparison, a bicycle is easy!

Here's photo that I recently found of a bicycle that I rebuilt in the summer before my junior year (1990) at Penn State. I lived nearly two miles from campus, so I rode this bike a lot. It was a very convenient way to get around. In the picture, I was out "exploring." In the background, you can see Mount Nittany, which is the namesake of our mascot, the Nittany Lion. :)


My college bicycle, some where near State College/ PA

More updates to come...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow....I'm impressed!!! What a detailed report on your accident and the repair of your vehicle!!! Are you sure you haven't received your doctorate somewhere along the line?????

Also enjoyed the pic of you and Laura on FB....nice!

Been a busy summer, and now dealing with upcoming birthdays of the grands -- Ryleigh 5 (next week) and Caleb 6 (October). I see you celebrated another birthday...praises and blessings to you!

Keep us posted on things....would love to see you guys, Take Care,

Love,
Mary & Bill and the Gregory Clan

9/07/2010 7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

Heck with the "wallpaper" remark -- I'm waiting for "part 5 of 3"....lol...lol....

Hope you are doing well...please let us know any updates on your meds...

We stay busy....come see us.

Much love,
The Gregory Clan

10/02/2010 11:27 PM  
Blogger Anonymous Soul said...

"You are invited to Anonymous Soul to answer this question
{What's worse, being forgotten or replaced?}"

10/11/2010 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home