Monday, July 05, 2010

06/23/10 - Radiation 5.17

Posted VERY early on 7/5. My 17th and final treatment in series 5! As usual, non-eventful, which is good! I am scheduled to follow-up with my Radiation-Oncologist on July 15th. Series 5 was meant to treat my L4 "lesion." I still call it a Lesion, because my doctors at Moffitt referred to it in that way, but in simpler terms, I believe it was a spread of cancer to my L4 vertebra (bone) in my spinal column. It was also suspected to be the main cause of my sometimes severe lower back pain. No one will no the true effect of the radiation until I have MRIs on July 22nd. In the meantime, the back pain is nearly gone, so that is a good sign that the radiation treatment was effective.

My tumors have so far been sensitive to (eliminated by) radiation treatments. The next step may very well be more radiation treatments focusing on a different area, or chemo. I'll most likely find out around July 22nd.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, Mark...glad that series is over for you, and especially good to hear that the pain is nearly gone! Praises for that! Now we'll wait and hear what the reports say around mid-July. Have lots of praying time until then, big man!!!

Hope your 4th of July weekend was a good one for all the family....take care and will wait to hear from you again!

Mary & Bill Gregory and the Clan

7/05/2010 4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing radiation (again). You are clearly staying very fit! Hang in there, we've been thinking of you!

We are home from Calgary now, Tom will finish his recovery at home. Still under lots of restrictions since the stem cell transplant was only 37 days ago.

Marilyn and Tom F
Regina, SK. Canada

7/07/2010 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home